Wednesday, March 27, 2013

New Experiments on Shroud of Turin Date it to 1st Century A.D.

Vatican Insider reports:
New scientific experiments carried out at the University of Padua have apparently confirmed that the Shroud Turin can be dated back to the 1st century AD. This makes its compatible with the tradition which claims that the cloth with the image of the crucified man imprinted on it is the very one Jesus’ body was wrapped in when he was taken off the cross. The news will be published in a book by Giulio Fanti, professor of mechanical and thermal measurement at the University of Padua’s Engineering Faculty, and journalist Saverio Gaeta, out tomorrow. “Il Mistero della Sindone” (The Mystery of the Shroud) is edited by Rizzoli (240 pp, 18 Euro).
Whether the Shroud is an elaborate hoax, someone else's burial cloth, or the burial cloth of Christ, has no bearing on my faith.

That said, and for the record, since the days of my youth (dating back before I became Catholic when I was growing up Southern Baptist) I have believed the Shroud to be exactly what it has long been purported to be - the cloth in which Jesus was buried - and that the image on the Shroud is that of the Lord.

Call me gullible, but so help me, I do believe it.





Previous Pro Ecclesia posts on this subject:
Inside Catholic: "Shroud Skeptics Bump Up Against Science" [UPDATED]

USAToday on NBC, the Turin Olympics, and the Shroud (or Lack Thereof)
 USAToday: NBC Chooses to Keep the Faith Out of Olympics — For Now

Mention of Shroud Absent From Turin Olympics Opening Ceremonies

Holy or Hoax, Shroud Still a Draw

One Reporter's Futile Attempt to See the Shroud of Turin

Criterion Online Provides "Olympic Coverage With a Catholic Twist"

Shroud of Turin Would Outdraw Winter Olympics

Before the Olympics, Turin Had the Shroud

What I'm REALLY Looking Forward To During the Turin (Torino) Olympics ...

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 3/27/2013 5:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't get past the carbon 14 dating?

Some say they made a mistake others say no way.

I wonder what the new evidence is exactly.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter for blogger