Monday, March 07, 2011

Almost Missed It ...

... my "6th Blogiverssary", that is.

Six years ago today - 7 March 2005 - I started Pro Ecclesia * Pro Familia * Pro Civitate with these two posts:

  • Welcome To My Blog

  • Roper v. Simmons: Judicial Activism and The Juvenile Death Penalty


  • Much has happened over the past 6 years, many of my opinions have changed, many readers have come and gone, and a loyal few followers have stuck around. I don't post near as often as I once did, and I can't say that the quality of my postings have improved. In fact, they've probably lost a lot of their thoughtful quality over the years (not that there was much thoughtful content that went into them in the first place).

    At any rate, I don't know how much longer I'll be doing this gig, but I hope you'll stick around for what I have left in the tank. Thanks for reading.

    Labels:

    13 Comments:

    At 3/07/2011 9:19 PM, Blogger RobKPhD said...

    Congratulations on the milestone!

     
    At 3/07/2011 9:25 PM, Blogger Pro Ecclesia said...

    Thanks, Rob!

     
    At 3/07/2011 9:42 PM, Blogger Larry Denninger said...

    Congrats, Jay - from your northern neighbor.

    I think in human years, your blog is 144.

     
    At 3/07/2011 9:59 PM, Blogger Pro Ecclesia said...

    Thanks, Larry!

    ;-)

     
    At 3/07/2011 10:31 PM, Blogger Rick Lugari said...

    Congratulations Jay!

     
    At 3/07/2011 10:54 PM, Blogger Pro Ecclesia said...

    Thanks, Rick, to someone who was there at the beginning.

    ;-)

     
    At 3/07/2011 11:22 PM, Blogger Paul Zummo said...

    Happy anniversary Jay. We need more, not less of you blogging.

     
    At 3/07/2011 11:49 PM, Blogger Pro Ecclesia said...

    Thanks, Paul!

     
    At 3/08/2011 12:07 AM, Blogger EegahInc said...

    Wow, that's like twice the lifespan of your average blog. Congratulations!

     
    At 3/08/2011 11:00 AM, Blogger Sir Galen of Bristol said...

    I'm glad you're still here! I do miss the "this day in Scottish History" posts.

     
    At 3/10/2011 6:12 AM, Blogger Jackie Parkes MJ said...

    Congratulations! I think I've done 4 years!

     
    At 3/11/2011 1:05 PM, Blogger matthew archbold said...

    Happy blogiversary. You voice is a needed one in the blogosphere. I've often used it to check my own thinking.

    So thanks for all you've done.

     
    At 3/11/2011 2:03 PM, Blogger Pro Ecclesia said...

    I've been "off blog" for the last few days, so please let me take this opportunity to thank those of you who I haven't already thanked for your kind words of encouragement.

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home

    hit counter for blogger