Thursday, January 06, 2011

Steven Greydanus: "True Grit and the Grace of God"

Stop what you're doing and go read Steven Greydanus' excellent review of the Coen Brothers' remake of "True Grit" at National Catholic Register.

And don't stop with Steven's review. Read the comments (both at the bottom of Part 1 of the review and Part 2 of the review - there are 2 sets of comments), especially the very enlightening one from Nick Milne.

I am kicking myself for not having already gone to see this film and for thinking that it couldn't possibly measure up to The Duke's original. And I simply must re-read the novel, which I read many, many years ago back when I was in high school.


Previous Pro Ecclesia posts on this subject:
True Grit?

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter for blogger