Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Michael Sean Winters: "Deceitful Bogeyman" of the Catholic Left

Recall, if you will, a few months back when Michael Sean Winters declared:
“I have never voted for a Republican in my life. My mother told me my right hand would wither and fall to the ground if I did. But, if the President or my representatives in Congress support federal funding for abortion in any way, shape or form, I will never vote for them again and I might risk my right hand in the next election by voting for their opponent.”
At the time, I gave him “pro-life kudos” for that declaration, although I knew full well that he was merely grandstanding to bolster his pro-life creds, and that his statement almost certainly came with an expiration date. Michael Sean Winters was NEVER going to abandon his beloved Democrats over abortion coverage.

It was inevitable that Mikey Sean would need to come up with some justification for backing out of his promise.

Well, problem solved.

It seems that all he has to do is just DENY that the health care legislation before Congress does, in fact, do exactly what he said he’d abandon the Democrats over, and deceitfully and disingenuously proclaim that, not only is the present Hyde Amendment sufficient to block abortion funding from any publicly funded health care plan, but that it is "settled law" on par with Roe v. Wade.

Never mind that (1) the Hyde Amendment must be re-approved by Congress EVERY YEAR as part of the appropriations process or else completely lapse, and (2) "the Hyde Amendment clearly states that it only applies to funding for abortion through the Health and Human Services appropriations bill" and is not even applicable to the health care reform bills presently before Congress.

Which is exactly why pro-life Democrat Congressman Bart Stupak is pushing to include Hyde Amendment language in the House version of the bill, and why the Democrat leadership keeps killing all such attempts.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 10/14/2009 7:09 PM, Blogger Rick said...

Planned parenthood must pay well.

Yet what does it profit anyone to gain the whole world and lose one's soul?

And I bet you even if Ted would come back to warn his fellow Democrats, they would dismiss him as a hallucination.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter for blogger