Friday, February 27, 2009

Big Tex's Texas Music Recommendations

In comments to one of my previous posts, Big Tex offers his Texas Music recommendations:
Some other artists I like from the Texas music scene:

Pat Green

Kevin Fowler [ED.: This one's my personal Fowler favorite.]

Cross Canadian Ragweed

Cory Morrow

Roger Creager (love the Mexican influence in some of his tunes)

Aaron Watson

Then there's
Texas Aggie music.

These artists and the other artists I have been highlighting over the last couple of weeks (and I still have a few more to go) can be heard online here:

http://www.radiofreetexas.org
http://www.radiofreetexas.org


Previous Pro Ecclesia posts on this subject:
The Hauntingly Beautiful Voice ...

Steve Earle

What's Left of Texas?

Guy Clark

The Late Great ...

Robert Earl Keen [UPDATED]

That's Right (You're Not From Texas)

Jerry Jeff Walker

Homesick

... and the Boys

... and Willie ...

Waylon ...

The King of Western Swing

Willie & The Wheel

Not-So-Random Thought on a Saturday Afternoon While Listening to a Bob Wills Tribute Album With My Kids ...

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter for blogger