Friday, January 30, 2009

Mass and Lunch with Bishop Blair

Earlier today, I, along with several other supporters of Norwalk Catholic School, had lunch with Toledo Bishop Leonard Blair. The luncheon followed a special all-school Mass for Catholic Schools Week, at which Bishop Blair presided.

I had the opportunity to speak briefly with His Excellency twice. The first time was immediately after Mass. As the school kids processed out, I watched as my son Jamie shook Bishop Blair's hand, and I read his lips as he told the Bishop "I want to be a priest." The Bishop seemed delighted by that. So, after all the kids had left, I went over to see the Bishop and bragged to him that it had been my son who had told him earlier of his vocational aspirations.

Jamie tells Bishop Blair of his plans to become a priest.
(photo by Richard Russell, Norwalk Reflector)

During lunch, Bishop Blair delivered an excellent talk on Catholic education and the part that "sacrifice" plays in ensuring that Catholic education continues to exist.

After lunch, I had the opportunity to speak with Bishop Blair once more, and told him how much I appreciated his monthly column in The Catholic Chronicle (excerpts of which, as readers of this blog may know, I post here regularly).


Previous Pro Ecclesia posts on this subject:
Photo of the Bishop and Jamie

More Bishop Blair (and Jamie, Too)

Meeting the Bishop - After Action Report

Meeting the Bishop

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter for blogger