Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Day (In Memoria)

(Originally posted Memorial Day 2006)

In memory of those who gave the "last full measure":






"It is rather for us to be here dedicated to the great task remaining before us -- that from these honored dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which they gave the last full measure of devotion -- that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain -- that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom -- and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth."

~ Abraham Lincoln, The Gettysburg Address



Previous Pro Ecclesia posts on this subject:
Americana Redux (or, "I Love My Country and Honor Her War Dead, So I Must be a Bad Catholic")

"In Flanders Fields"

For the Greater Glory: "I am Catholic & I Love America and So Should You

Americana

In Memoria

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter for blogger