Monday, April 30, 2007

Prayers for Fr. Rob Johansen ...

... who has suffered a heart attack. Details from Mark Shea and Dom Bettinelli's.

(Hat tip: Catholics in the Public Square)


UPDATE
The story is a hoax. Fr. Johansen is in good health:
Rumors of My Impending Death...

...have been greatly exaggerated.

I'm not sure where this came from, but the story over on Mark Shea's blog is untrue. Not that I'm in any way upset with Mark. I just spoke with him on the phone a few minutes ago, and I know he was acting in good faith.

I'm not near death, I didn't have a heart attack. In fact, I'm fine. Rumors of my death might reflect wishful thinking on the part of some, but, oh well, it seems I'm going to be around for a while yet.

One good thing, I suppose about this is that I'm finding out who my friends are. I've had many phone calls of concern in the last half-hour or so, and it's nice to see all the promises of prayer. Thanks to all of you!
I hope you could use the prayers anyway, Father.

;-)

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 4/30/2007 11:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

From Fr. Johansen's own blog,
http://thrownback.blogspot.com/, this story is untrue. He is in relatively good health! :-)

 
At 4/30/2007 11:16 AM, Blogger Pro Ecclesia said...

Thanks for the correction. I'll post an update.

 
At 4/30/2007 11:50 AM, Blogger Jeff Miller said...

Did you see Fr. Rob's latest piece in the current issue of Crisis. He did an in depth article on the Minimum wage and you will not be surprised to find that he does not see eye to ey with the USCCB on this matter.

 
At 4/30/2007 12:06 PM, Blogger Pro Ecclesia said...

So, Jeff, are you saying that it's the USCCB who wants to see Fr. Johansen "out of the way"?

;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter for blogger