Thursday, January 25, 2007

Do I Detect a Theme in the Previous 2 Posts?

In both the story of the deacon who called out the pro-abort politico and the story about the woman who asked Archbishop Wuerl what he planned to do about pro-abort politicos, I note some striking parallels.

In both stories, we see members of the hierarchy who are unwilling to publicly criticize pro-abort Catholic politicians for their very public votes that directly contradict Church teaching. And in both stories we see the very same members of the hierarchy who have no such qualms about publicly upbraiding and humiliating individuals who have taken a pro-life stand.

What then, are we pro-lifers to believe about where our Bishops place their priorities? Are our efforts on behalf of the sanctity of life worth the back of the hand that some of our prelates show to us whenever we make things "uncomfortable"?

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 1/25/2007 6:41 PM, Blogger Fidei Defensor said...

I hope (and have a good feeling) that Rome is watching, and of course we know God is. I think these issues regarding Catholic politicans are going to come to a head in a big way next election cylce.

 
At 1/25/2007 8:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with Fidei Defensor, but suspect it may be sooner. The matter may light a few fires, especially if enough people start openly calling for action.

 
At 1/25/2007 10:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am reminded of St. John the Baptist, who after having told Herod that he was wrong to marry his brohter's sister, was murdered. I say bravo to that deacon. If I had been there, I would have stood up and cheered. Its about time, thats what i say. Bravo!

 
At 1/26/2007 12:51 PM, Blogger BillyHW said...

I think these issues regarding Catholic politicans are going to come to a head in a big way next election cylce.

Well of course they are. Rudy Giuliani is a without-principles-abortion-loving Catholic Republican. Our bishops will have no problem at all laying down the law then.

 
At 1/26/2007 1:01 PM, Blogger Pro Ecclesia said...

"Rudy Giuliani is a without-principles-abortion-loving Catholic Republican. Our bishops will have no problem at all laying down the law then."

Billy,

I have to say I was thinking the exact same thing. Although, to hear Cardinal Egan talk, he and Rudy are apparently best buds.

 
At 1/26/2007 9:39 PM, Blogger Sir Galen of Bristol said...

I'm sorry to say, I have no hope that the U.S. bishops, in any noticeable or effective way, will begin to call Catholic politicians into line in my lifetime.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter for blogger