Friday, October 27, 2006

"Ask AM"

From the mailbag of Advocatus Militaris at Fumare:
Every week I receive emails on all sorts of topics. Mostly folks write to me and ask my opinion on any number of issues. Sometimes they are downright personal. After much reflection, I thought perhaps these questions and answers may be of profit to others. Thus, I have decided to share some of my "Ask AM" emails and responses with all of you. Remember you can always reach me at: advocatusmilitaris[at]gmail[dot]com.

***
Dear Advocatus,

I am a happily married woman who is also active outside the home. I am scheduled to give a lecture on Catholic women in public life tomorrow evening. My problem is that I am kinda nervous. What should I do?

Sincerely,

Katie in D.C.



Dear Katie,

Stay home and wash your husband's socks.

AM


[More]
My Comments:
He said it, not me. Those objecting to the content of this post can contact Advocatus Militaris at: advocatusmilitaris[at]gmail[dot]com.

6 Comments:

At 10/27/2006 3:25 PM, Blogger PB said...

My lovely wife is pregnant at the moment. While we were joking around I told her to remove her shoes and socks and go stand at the kitchen sink. She didn't find it as funny as I did.

 
At 10/27/2006 5:55 PM, Blogger Sir Galen of Bristol said...

The Extraordinary Wife, who found neither this post nor pb's comment above funny notes:

"You know what honey? The feminists didn't have it all wrong. 99%, but not all."

And she doesn't understand what that's funny, too.

 
At 10/28/2006 9:14 AM, Blogger Brother James said...

And people wonder about the folks pushing for a more traditional Catholic Church. Most of the people in the Catholic Church have been, since it's inception, the worst advertising for the Church. Thank God for the saints.

 
At 10/30/2006 8:15 AM, Blogger Pro Ecclesia said...

I think his entire post was tongue-in-cheek.

 
At 10/30/2006 10:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jay,

Tell Jimbob that "angels fly because they take themselves lightly!"

AM

 
At 10/30/2006 5:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks like the Society for Humorless Catholics has a few more inductees.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter for blogger