Wednesday, September 27, 2006

GOP Prez Wannabe Mitt Romney Untruthful About His "Pro-Choice" Stance

RedState.com notes that "Being pro-choice isn't just a label":

"I believe that abortion should be safe and legal in this country. I have since the time when my Mom took that position when she ran in 1970 as a U.S. Senate candidate. I believe that since Roe v. Wade has been the law for 20 years that we should sustain and support it, and I sustain and support that law and the right of a woman to make that choice."
-Mitt Romney in a 1994 Senatorial debate

"I respect and will fully protect a woman's right to choose. That choice is a deeply personal one, and the women of our state should make it based on their beliefs, not mine and not the government's."
-Mitt Romney in a 2002 GOP acceptance speech

"I've never called myself pro-choice."
-Mitt Romney in a 2006 Redstate interview



In his latest interview with RedState, Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney responds to a question about his abortion position by saying that he's never adopted the label "pro-choice."

That's all well and good. Mitt Romney wants to be called pro-life. I'd like to be the King of all Londinium and wear a
shiny hat.

But let's not kid ourselves: there is no substantive difference between the position labeled "pro-choice," declaring your support for "the right to choose." And that is something that Mitt Romney has done repeatedly over the course of his political career. To say otherwise is to tell a lie.


[More]

1 Comments:

At 9/27/2006 7:11 PM, Blogger Husband said...

well, that's good to know. Thanks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter for blogger