Friday, August 25, 2006

Noble Descent

Rich Leonardi tagged me with this meme:

1. Which famous person would you most like to learn that you are descended from?
Brian Boru, High King of Ireland; Robert the Bruce, King of Scots; Matoaka, Princess of the Powhatan nation - aka Pocahontas (family tradition says we are descended from her, but so does the tradition of EVERY Virginia family). What can I say? I got delusions of royal grandeur.

2. Which famous person would you hate to learn that you are descended from?
The usual genocidal maniacs: Oliver Cromwell, the Duke of Cumberland, Adolph Hitler, Joseph Stalin, etc.

3. If you could be ancestor to any living famous person, who would it be and why?
Prince William - again, delusions of royal grandeur (of course, I'd want to be one of his Jacobite ancestors).

4. If you could go back in time and meet any known ancestor(s) of yours, who would it be?
Both of my grandfathers and my paternal grandmother, all of whom died while my parents were young.

5. Tag five others:
1. The Catholic Caveman
2. Jean at Catholic Fire
3. Tony at Catholic Pillow Fight
4. GOP Soccer Mom
5. Anyone else who reads this - you're on the Honor Code

4 Comments:

At 8/25/2006 3:27 PM, Blogger Christine the Soccer Mom said...

All done. Link is in your trackback section. :)

 
At 8/25/2006 10:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jay, don't you want to be related to Uncle Arlen so you can be related to me? Come on, admit it, you do. :)

 
At 8/26/2006 9:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Noble Descent:
1. + descent from: St. Thomas More
2. - descent from: Stalin
3. + Ancestor of Madonna - so I
could raise her right!
4. + My paternal grandparents and
maternal great grandparents
whom I never knew.

 
At 8/26/2006 11:52 PM, Blogger CJ said...

1.+ Chief Joseph, St. Thomas More, or C.S. Lewis
2.- Andrew Jackson, Winfield Scott, or Oliver Cromwell
3.+ Ancestor of Adolf Hitler, so I could have raised him to be a good, decent man rather than a racist maniac.
4.+ My natural father or my twin sister, since I never got a chance to meet either of them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter for blogger