Thursday, May 25, 2006

More MEN Like This in the Priesthood, Please (More Men Like Fr. Fox, That Is)

Father Martin Fox, Pastor of St. Boniface Parish in Piqua Ohio, and host of the blog Bonfire of the Vanities, has written a letter to Father Dennis Dease, President of the University of St. Thomas, regarding the commencement speech of graduating St. Thomas senior, Benjamin Kessler:
Dear Father Dease:

I read about the speech Mr. Kessler gave at your commencement, I listened to a (faily lengthy) exerpt of it via "You Tube," and read your comments at your web site.

Please explain to me: what does Mr. Kessler have to apologize for? I heard him reflect authentic Catholic teaching, as he contrasted selfishness and selflessness. It did not seem to me that he went a centemeter beyond Catholic teaching, nor did he venture into any area that is in dispute.

Since when is controversy in speeches at commencement something surprising or upsetting?

[More]
Well, it seems that Fr. Fox received a reply from none other than Fr. Dease himself. You can read Fr. Dease's lame-ass response here.


Previous Pro Ecclesia posts on this subject:
More MEN Like This in Seminary, Please

3 Comments:

At 5/25/2006 7:14 PM, Blogger Fr Martin Fox said...

Thanks for the kind words.

I do want people to know I can spell; I dashed that off in a hurry.

 
At 5/26/2006 6:19 AM, Blogger Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

YES! We need all the men like this in the priesthood that we can get.

 
At 5/26/2006 8:45 AM, Blogger Zach said...

Jay, I also sent a complaint to Fr. Dease yesterday, and I quickly received the exact same email reply that Fr. Fox received. Pretty lame.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter for blogger