Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Atheist Removes Memorial Crosses To Woman, Baby

Some people are just sorry sons-of-bitches:
LANCASTER, Mass. -- One month after a car crash claimed the lives of a young woman and her unborn child, the woman's family said they are facing a new hardship.

NewsCenter 5's Jim Boyd reported that part of the small roadside memorial along Route 62 in Lancaster to mark the crash site has been removed.

James Rousseau visited the memorial on Monday, just like he has every day since April 22 when a van operated by an alleged drunken driver hit the car he was driving, killing his fiancé, Katelyn M. DiSessa, and their unborn son. But now, Rousseau's grief has turned to anger, he said.

"I couldn't believe it. Totally wrong. Absolutely wrong," Rousseau said.

What Rousseau can’t believe is that someone would remove items from the memorial.

"Two crosses, baby's first shoes and a couple of things, I'm not sure. I know about baby's first shoes -- I put them there," Rousseau said.

The controversy revolves around the two crosses. The property owner, Bill Brodmerkle, who would not talk to NewsCenter 5, is quoted in the Sentinel and Enterprise of Fitchburg newspaper as saying, "I removed them because I am an atheist and I do not want any Catholic symbols on my property."

***
"He should have called somebody or something. I would have come and gotten every little piece from here," Rousseau said.

***
The local paper said Brodmerkle has taken the items away and had them buried.


[More]
(emphasis added)

2 Comments:

At 5/23/2006 12:25 PM, Blogger Simon said...

Bravo to him!

 
At 5/23/2006 1:05 PM, Blogger PB said...

Some people really are SOB's, including Simon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter for blogger