Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Who Will Save Abdul Rahman?

Michelle Malkin wonders who will step forward to save the life of Afghani citizen Abdul Rahman, a convert to Christianity from Islam, who is currently on trial in Afghanistan and faces the death penalty for his conversion:
... As of Tuesday afternoon, left-wing Amnesty International had nothing to say about the case. But neither did President Bush, a man of faith and a Christian brother. During his extensive White House press conference on the War on Terror and the defense of freedom overseas, Bush spent plenty of time describing what life was like for Afghanis before Operation Enduring Freedom:

"There was no such thing as religious freedom. There was no such thing as being able to express yourself in the public square. There was no such thing as press conferences like this. They were totalitarian in their view. And that would be - I'm referring to the Taliban, of course. And that's how they would like to run government. They rule by intimidation and fear, by death and destruction. And the United States of America must take this threat seriously and must not-must never forget the natural rights that formed our country."

President Bush, who will defend Abdul Rahman's natural rights from being usurped and terminated by Afghanistan's Islamic executioners?


[More]
My Comments:
Speak up, President Bush! Was American blood shed for this? As I've said before, good thing we've made Afghanistan "safe" for Democracy.


Previous Pro Ecclesia Posts on this Subject:
Apostasy Case Raises Questions About "Islamic" Constitutions in Afghanistan and Iraq

Afghan Man Faces Death for Allegedly Converting to Christianity

Did 2000 American Soldiers Die For Islam?

4 Comments:

At 3/22/2006 5:07 PM, Blogger Zach said...

Thanks for covering this, Jay. I fear that we'll be facing these issues for years--even with democratically-elected Islamic regimes.

The Qu'ran so clearly advocates intolerance and violence toward non-Muslims that I'm forced to conclude that a "peaceful Muslim" (at least in the political sphere) is a contradiction in terms. Such a person is clearly heterodox in his Muslim beliefs.

I don't know what the ultimate solution will be, but if it escalates into WWIII (or a modern-day Crusade), sign me up!

 
At 3/22/2006 5:39 PM, Blogger Zach said...

Let me be clear that I do NOT want the current conflict between the West and Islam to escalate, and I would be tickled pink if some peaceful, heterodox strand of Islam emerged victorious over the true Qu'ranic faith.

I'm just looking at the history of Islamic governance (and its modern manifestation) and having a hard time feeling optimistic about its future.

 
At 3/22/2006 7:26 PM, Blogger Pro Ecclesia said...

Aw shoot, Zach! Why'd you have to go and clarify your position? I was all ready to dust off my armor and saddle up my steed to ride off on the next Holy Crusade with you.
;)

 
At 3/23/2006 7:18 AM, Blogger Zach said...

Just wimped out, I guess, Jay. Sorry dude. I'll still join up if it happens, though! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter for blogger