Saturday, March 25, 2006

Ashamed of My Alma Mater - Baylor Denies Tenure to Dr. Francis J. Beckwith

My undergraduate alma mater, Baylor University, has denied tenure to nationally renowned philosopher and scholar Dr. Francis J. Beckwith, Associate Professor of Church-State Studies, and Associate Director of the J. M. Dawson Institute of Church-State Studies.

Southern Appeal has the details here, here, and here.

To say that I am ashamed to have graduated from a university that would deny tenure to such an accomplished academic with a stellar publication record like Dr. Beckwith is an understatement. Baylor has once again proven itself to be a 2nd-rate institution at best.

Good thing I can always fall back on my law degree from the University of Virginia.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter for blogger