Sunday, January 29, 2006

How I Know Senate Democrats and the Catholic Bishops are Reading from the Same Playbook

The Cafeteria Is Closed has a post on the new English translation of the Mass, and there appears to be some similarity between what about half of the Catholic Bishops are saying and what we are hearing from the Democrats on the Senate Judiciary Committee:
The irony? About half the American bishops oppose the proper translation because...people have been used to the bad one...for 40 years! Heh, they didn't have a problem dumping all over hundreds of years of tradition but now - gasp! it's 40 years old! Can't change that! The barbarian radicals from then are now the reactionaries.
Sound familiar? It should. That's exactly the same reasoning used by those advocates of the "living breathing Constitution" serving on the Senate Judiciary Committee who suddenly have a newfound affinity for the doctrine of stare decisis now that the President has nominated people to the Supreme Court who are potential votes to overturn Roe v. Wade.

It's been pretty obvious for a while that some of the staff working for the USCCB are sympathetic to the Democrat Party. But I have to scratch my head when the Bishops adopt the same strategy to oppose conforming to an accurate translation of the Mass as the Democrats are using to contort the Constitution to keep abortion as the law of the land.

UPDATE:
And before I get any comments about it, I realize that the USCCB fired Ono Ekeh for his pro-Kerry advocacy. But I'm not stupid enough to believe there aren't more Ono Ekehs working for the USCCB who have the sense to not be so open about their loyalties to the Party of Death.

3 Comments:

At 1/29/2006 10:12 PM, Blogger Fidei Defensor said...

Excellent point, everytime I read this blog I am thankfully there are intellectials like you out there noticing these things!

 
At 1/29/2006 10:19 PM, Blogger Pro Ecclesia said...

Thanks. Not sure I qualify as an intellectual, however.

But thanks for the compliment.

And for what it's worth, I'm glad to know there are college-aged folks like yourself who know the Truth, and aren't led astray by the secularist orthodoxy that passes for "intellectualism" on college campuses today.

 
At 1/29/2006 11:38 PM, Blogger Fidei Defensor said...

"I am thankfully," the constant spelling and grammer mistakes probably don't reflect to well on my eduction though!

You are so right about the secularist orthodoxy, one of my history textbooks is all about using politically correct and inclusive langauge (basicaly never use masculine pronouns) and never use BC and AD in dates, its just to offensive. I do it anway, points off be damned!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter for blogger