Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Update on the Move to Ohio

We're here. We arrived safely on Saturday afternoon after a very pleasant and uneventful journey. Unfortunately, Sarah's family had the housekeys and had neglected to leave them for us. We tried to reach someone on the cell phone, but no one was home at her grandmother's house, or either of her aunt's and uncle's houses.

On top of that, it was freezing cold and Sarah got the minivan stuck in the snow in the driveway. So, we were stuck outside until I could get the minivan dug out. Fortunately, my snow shovel, some ice melt, and some sand was already in the shed. It took me a while, but I finally got us dug out.

Sarah drove off with the kids to her aunt's place of employment to find out where the keys were. Meanwhile, since I already had the snow shovel out, I cleared off the sidewalks in front of the house. A little over an hour later, Sarah and the kids arrived with the keys. By that time, I was very chilled. I'm fighting a cold today that I'm sure I caught that day.

All in all, a fine Midwest welcome for this Southern boy. ;)

But we are very delighted to be here. The kids are enjoying their new house, playing with their cousin, and all the snow. The house is wall-to-wall-floor-to-ceiling with boxes. It will take us at least a couple of months or more to get everything in order.

Blogging will continue to be light, as I'm still waiting for the rest of my computer equipment to arrive from the office before I have the cable company come to the house to put in the connection. I'm posting this from Sarah's grandmother's computer. Don't tell Sarah I'm doing this. I'm supposed to be paying bills online.

8 Comments:

At 12/14/2005 1:56 PM, Blogger Zach said...

Glad you made it safely, Jay. Over the years, "Paying the bills online" has afforded me a little extra internet time, as well. Well done. Heh, heh, heh.

 
At 12/14/2005 4:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So that's what "paying bills online" means. I often wondered why it took Rick so long to do that.
Thanks for that information, Lumpy.
And you too, Zach.

:)

 
At 12/14/2005 5:20 PM, Blogger Sir Galen of Bristol said...

Glad you made it, Jay, I was beginning to worry.

I'll look forward to whatever you're able to post, as it comes.

 
At 12/14/2005 6:06 PM, Blogger Rick Lugari said...

Good news, but why the heck didn't you arrange to have cable installed during the (last) week and travel with the computer? Do you need to go back to blogger school or what?

Anyway, welcome to the tundra. We're supposed to get another 5" tonight, though I think you are supposeed to fare better.

 
At 12/14/2005 7:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What you said to your wife was true. You're "paying bills online [voice trails off] and blogging." And even if you didn't say that last part, I'm sure you said it mentally, as a good Jesuit would do (and I'm not using Jesuit sarcastically or as a slur. I'm simply referring to St. Ignatius' theory of mental reservation).

Oh yeah, welcome to the Midwest.

 
At 12/14/2005 11:15 PM, Blogger Fidei Defensor said...

You think winter in Ohio is something try Wisconsin! That said, glad everything is going well.

 
At 12/15/2005 1:20 PM, Blogger PB said...

When's the first trip to Tony Paco's?

 
At 12/21/2005 5:59 AM, Blogger Kevin Whiteman said...

Now that I read your safe and sound, I can get back to your blog and make my goofy comments!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter for blogger