Friday, December 16, 2005

Democrat Party = Christian-Hating Bigots

The Washington State Democrat Party has had to issue an apology for being a little too upfront about its anti-Christian bigotry:
OLYMPIA, Wash. (AP) - The state's Democratic chairman has apologized for a political gimcrack that parodied a popular Christian automobile adornment.

The fish-shaped magnet was posted for sale alongside other political paraphernalia last week on the state Democratic Party's Web site.

The magnet also bore the image of a cross and the word "hypocrite" over a background of flames. State Rep. Doug Ericksen, R-Bellingham, called it an "anti-Christian" symbol.
My Comments:
They're not sorry for feeling the disdain they obviously feel towards "snake-handlers". The only thing the Democrats are sorry for is that their outright hatred of all things Christian was made so manifest on their website.

7 Comments:

At 12/16/2005 4:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Unbelievable. When I read about this over at Mark Shea's, I was inclined to agree with those who suspected it was a hoax. It just seems incredible that they would be so stupid as to so openly show their contempt for Christians. I guess this means that they really are becoming the Stupid Evil Party.

 
At 12/19/2005 9:43 AM, Blogger Richard said...

I think you are letting your paranoia get the better of your senses. I don't see that the Democratic Party is anti-Christian, nor do I see that the Republican Party is pro-Christian. I know good Christians in both parties, and I also know good Christians who are Independents. As you know, being a Republican is no guarantee that a person is a good person, let along a good Christian. I would rather spread good will among all men at this holy time of year.

 
At 12/19/2005 9:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Richard, don't you know that God is a Republican? I guess you're new to this blog.

 
At 12/19/2005 3:37 PM, Blogger Pro Ecclesia said...

God's a Republican? Then I just lost a whole lot of respect for Him.

I didn't realize that One could be omnipotent and impotent at the same time.

 
At 12/19/2005 10:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bush is.

 
At 12/19/2005 11:23 PM, Blogger Pro Ecclesia said...

"Bush is."

That must be how he manages to be (in the eyes of the left) an evil manipulator of world events while at the same time being the dumbest man ever elected President.

 
At 12/20/2005 8:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, no, no. Cheney is the evil manipulator; Bush is the dumb guy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter for blogger