Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Christmas Meme

Paul has graciously tagged me with a Christmas meme. I'm not a big fan of memes, but in the Spirit of the Season, I'll play along:
1. Hot chocolate or apple cider?
Close call, but I'll pick cider.


2. Turkey or ham?
No contest. Ham. Preferably a Virginia Smithfield country ham. But I'll settle for a Gwaltney honey-spiral-cut ham, as well.


3. Do you get a Fake or Real you cut it yourself christmas tree?
REAL! It ain't Christmas unless the house smells like an evergreen forest.


4. Decorations on the outside of your house?
Tasteful greenery here and there on the front door and porch railings. I don't like outside lights on my own house, but I love to drive around the neighborhood and look at other people's house lights and yard ornaments.


5. Snowball fights or sleddin?
Sledding/inner-tubing. Again, no contest.


6. Do you enjoy going downtown shopping?
Yes. The family's heading to Cleveland this Friday for some last minute shopping. I'm most looking forward to going to the Market.


7. Favorite Christmas song?
Tie: "Hark! The Herald Angels Sing" and "Joy to the World"


8. How do you feel about Christmas movies?
We own a collection of about 20 or so Christmas movies. We try to watch all of them every year. This year, we're not even going to come close to watching half of them. Favorites: "A Christmas Story", "The Homecoming" (The Waltons pilot episode), "Scrooge" (Albert Finney musical version), and "It's A Wonderful Life".


9. When is it too early to start listening to Christmas music?
Before Thanksgiving is too early. However, with kids, we listen to and watch The Wiggles Christmas cds and dvds practically all year long. "Frosty the Snowman" is also a year-round favorite in the Anderson household.


10. Stockings before or after presents?
Before.


11. Carolers, do you or do you not watch and listen to them?
Always listen to those who want to share the joy of the Christmas Season.


12. Go to someone elses house or they come to you?
Both. We spend Christmas morning at home with the kids. We like to host Christmas dinner for the extended family. This year, however, we're going the 5 miles to Sarah's grandmother's house for Christmas dinner.


13. Do you read the Christmas Story? If so when?
We have been reading it to the kids every night since we moved into our house.


14. What do you do after presents and dinner?
The kids play with the new toys, while the grownups clean up the mess. Afterwards, we settle in and watch "A Christmas Story".


15. What is your favorite holiday smell?
Tie: Christmas trees and gingerbread.


16. Ice skating or walking around the mall?
As a kid, I enjoyed ice skating. As an adult, I have lost the skill. Let's go with the mall.


17. Do you open a present or presents on Christmas Eve, or wait until Christmas day?
Christmas morning. My mom always let us open up 1 gift on Christmas eve, but that is a tradition I have not carried over with my own kids.


18. Favorite Christmas memory?
Anderson family gatherings at my uncle's house on Christmas Eve. All the cousins had a blast being together.


19. Favorite Part about winter?
Snow. One of the reasons I moved to the Midwest.


20. Ever been kissed under mistletoe?
Yes.
Well, that was kinda fun, actually. I think I'll share the joy with ...
Rick

Arthur

Holy Fool

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter for blogger