Friday, September 09, 2005

Just A Few Administrative Items ...

I may not be blogging much today because I'm trying to tie up some loose ends at work (before going on vacation next week), and I'm hoping to avoid working over the weekend. Too much great college football action all day tomorrow (Go Cavaliers, Go Irish, Go Buckeyes), and then the Cowboys on Sunday (I'm originally from Texas, so it comes honestly).

But I would be remiss if I didn't acknowledge and thank at least a few people who have linked to this site in the past couple of days:

*Mark Shea, thanks for your kind words and the link to my post about President Bush and Attorney General Gonzales.

*Holy Fool, who has been kind enough to link to several past items on this blog, thanks for your prayers and words of support for my sister-in-law and her family.

*Rick Lugari at Unam Sanctum (and some other blog), thank you for the link and for fighting the good fight against the Bishop Gumbletons of the world up there in the "Land of the 8 Sacraments".

*Zach Brissett at In Toon With The World, thank you for your kind words about this blog and for the link to my post on Southern Catholics. As usual, awesome cartoon today!

Welcome readers from Mark's, Holy Fool's, Rick's and Zach's blogs.

6 Comments:

At 9/09/2005 10:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go Bucks?! Go Irish?!

You are a Republican, aren't you?

Go Blue!

 
At 9/09/2005 10:44 AM, Blogger Pro Ecclesia said...

"You are a Republican, aren't you? Go Blue!"

All the teams I root for are in "Red" States. However, should the Wolverines get past the Irish and the Buckeyes, I'd actually pull for them to win the National Championship.

I doubt my Virginia Cavaliers can run the table of Miami, Florida State, Virginia Tech, Georgia Tech, Maryland, and Clemson. So I hold out no hope for a National Championship from those quarters.

 
At 9/09/2005 11:16 AM, Blogger Rick Lugari said...

Vacation? What's that?

Are you heading to the Buckeye state by chance? If so, be careful passing through Columbus, I hear it can be dangerous for your soul.

God bless,

 
At 9/09/2005 11:35 AM, Blogger Pro Ecclesia said...

Actually, no. I'm taking the family to England for a couple of weeks - leaving next Thursday. My wife has family over there. We're going now because we know once we move and my wife stops working that we'll never have the money (not that we have it now) to take the whole family on such a big trip.

Part of the reason for this trip is a pilgrimage to the Shrine of Our Lady of Walsingham in Norfolk, East Anglia. I'll be posting something about that next week.

 
At 9/09/2005 12:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, I'll root for the Buckeyes this weekend, too. I'd love to see both OSU and Michigan be undefeated when they face each other in November.

 
At 9/09/2005 1:03 PM, Blogger Rick Lugari said...

What an excellent opportunity. I'm sure we'll be talking before then, so I'll wish you a safe journey later. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter for blogger