Monday, March 07, 2005

Welcome To My Blog

This is my first post to this newly created blog. As you can see from the title, my interests (and the focus of this blog) revolve around issues involving the interplay of the Catholic Church, the family (which is the basic institution of any civilization), and politics.

I am relatively new to both the Catholic Church and to blogging, so I'm not really sure what direction this blog will end up taking. I do know that I intend to keep the focus, as mentioned above, on the interplay between the institutions of the Church, the family, and the state. Sometimes, I might go off on a tangent - say, college football (for which I am passionate) or some work of literature that has caught my interest. But I hope to keep the general thrust: Church, family, politics.

One more thing, I often react to events by giving my initial impressions. Sometimes, my initial impressions turn out to be quite mistaken. Such was the case recently with regard to the murder of a Coptic Christian family in New Jersey. My initial impulse (and I think a reasonable one given some of the facts surrounding the case) was to assume the murder was probably the work of Islamist extremists, giving little credence to the possibility of robbery as a motive. Although my initial impressions could still turn out to be correct, law enforcement officials have, in fact, arrested a couple of apparently non-Muslim suspects and charged them with having committed the murders as part of a robbery scheme.

Again, sometimes (no, a lot of times) I am wrong. Whether you think I'm right or wrong about any given subject, I hope you will jump right in and comment. I have no doubt some folks will. I have found that opinions are, as they say, a bit like @r$ehole$ - everybody's got one and they all stink. Well, if you're anything nearly as outspoken as I am, sometimes you end up showing yours.

Once again, welcome.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter for blogger